GD Interview GBWC2015: WIN EIAM-ONG (Thailand)

GBWC2015 OPEN GOLD

« Older   Newer »

1. MirageColloid
        +1   -1

User deleted

GD INTERVIEW PRESENTS:

banner%20ist_zpskns5xyze

:::::PODIUM FINAL GBWC 2015 IN TOKYO:::::

top_title-1_zps4mz3kcfs

By
    Corino & Lemcat
    revision and editing
    Staff GD

Hi guys! The “GD interview” continue to grow and this time we have the pleasure and honor to interviewing the complete OPEN podium GBWC 2015:

1°: Win Eiam-ong (Thailand)

2°: NG Siu Way (Hong Kong)

3°: Jeff Ho (Malaysia)

1-2-3_zpsgeye9d7n

along with the two special awards:

Char's AURIS Ⅱ Award: NG Siu Way (Hong Kong)

Gundam Visa Card Award: Riccardo Forni (Italy)

VisaToy_zpst4prdwka

So, let's hear what they have to say to the GD community!

Win Eiam-ong, First place

1deg%20cons_zpsy8ryqdty

1deg%20IMG_zps1ioplece

Hi Win!

Few questions to know each other better and discover how you reach the first place of GBWC 2015.

How was this experience of GBWC final in Tokyo?
    It was truly amazing! I loved every bit of it... the winning thing is just icing on the cake (awesomely great, I am very humbled and honored). But what I love above all else is to be a part of this awesome community, to learn from others, to improve, to meet new friends, as well as see some old friends. I’ve bond with most of these people for life. Just awesome - AWESOME - people.

th_1%20Domanda%20Foto%202_zpsoga1zwj1 th_1%20Domanda%20Foto%201_zps5trvtf7w th_1%20Domanda%20Foto%203_zpslcjmviqt

What is your favorite model of the other participants?
    Sorry, I'd rather not say.... The thing is I concider him to be a really good friend of mine and if he reads this, and see me saying that I like his work best.... He'll just tease me non-stop and I don't want to give him a bigger ego... :)

Can you tell us an episode to remember in this final?

I never expect to win. I usually do the best I can, throw it in and hope for the best... so when they announced the results for the 3rd place, and then second place- I thought to myself there is no way I would get anything, because there are other really cool entries that I thought would win. Then when they announced my name followed by "Thailand"... it didn't register in my head- so I just sat there clapping, waiting for the winner to go up.... Until the junior winner of Thailand behind me punched me in the ribs and said "that's you- you idiot!" (she's awesome.)

th_1deg%20procl_zps6t4w4hoq

Would you like to add anything about this edition of GBWC 2015?

Gundam building is an art form that has no "end" or "ultimate" point.... All you can do is have an idea, experiment with it, fail, learn from it, or succeed and move on to another idea and have more fun. Gunpla builders are simply artists who chose gundam as their canvas.

Tell us who you are and how you enter the world of Gundam model building:

I started doing models in general when I was 11 but with warhammer models and I've been making, painting and sculpting models since. Warhammer is a table top war game where player create models then using their rules, rulers, and dice- you use the models to fight each other as an army. like Warcraft but with models. My first gundam kit was actually a year and a half ago with this guy:

th_5%20domanda%20Foto%201_zpspywwayc8

I watch Gundam series alot and when they brought out Gundam built fighters where a modeler can build a model then put it on a table and it comes to life and fights each other... I'm sold..... after the first one I became addicted and never looked back :)

Let's go deeper: what kind of modifications have you done to reach this result? Are there any parts you are particulary proud of?

Just telling the story I wanted to tell, and communicating/connecting with non gunpla people who've seen my work I think. Personally I think a diorama needs to tell a story. So I wanted to tell the story of us as modelers working long and hard on perfecting our art, but also something that people that dont know anything about gundam can see and understand. so instead of modelers and models- it is a carpenter and a wooden sculpture (same thing but different skill sets but some reason more relatable.)
    The way I see it- GBWC is a Bandai and sunrise promotional event, so this diorama MUST come from one of the Gundam universe. Because I got into gundam with the Gundam built fighters universe- I wanted to created a story in that universe. that's why if you look in the diorama there are many refference to that world. Mao's hat on the table, Mao's gunpla school wooden signs, the Haro mosquito replent. Also the logo on both the diorama plaque and the wooden sculpture plaque has the gundam built fighters' logo on it. The name of the wooden sculpture is actually the name of one of the episode (gundam built fighter try ep 14 "Worthy Rivals"(好敵手たち). The gundam them selves are not gundam wing and gundam epion but a custom mix of many gundam kits.

th_6%20Domanda%20Foto%201_zpsr9r6q3xx th_6%20Domanda%20Foto%202_zpspb2pn3m1 th_6%20Domanda%20Foto%203_zpssghd73xs th_6%20Domanda%20Foto%204_zpsc6xziwvd

Have you already had the next works in mind?
    Yes actually I was lucky enough to be invited into a International group build off called "CLASH OF TITANS"
    The idea is 20 builders from around the world with 20 VERY different ideas and styles, 1 model kit (Graze 1/100).... I'm very honored to be in this group full of awesome god like builders.... I just hope I don't f*ck up too much... no pressure...

th_12362926_447123072151529_6924069589582362520_o_zps9iq03tdi th_12487184_456192011244635_5554140999274008681_o_zpsydf4i9gs

Thanks a lot for your time and enjoy this well deserved victory!
    And do not forget, Italy loves Gunpla!

th_1deg%20pres_zpsru3txu5n

Thank you guys for the helpfulness and courtesy on behalf of the Gundam Dipendente and all the Italian Gunpla Builders!

2.     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group
    moderatori

Status
    Anonymous
    Lo Staff GD avvisa che la versione "!sub Ita" sarà disponibile da domani, un'intervista al giorno!^^

Restate connessi!

Edited by MirageColloid - 13/1/2016, 16:02

3.     +1   -1

Advanced Member

Group
    moderatori

Status
    Anonymous

GD INTERVIEW PRESENTS:

banner%20ist_zpskns5xyze

:::::PODIUM FINAL GBWC 2015 IN TOKYO:::::

top_title-1_zps4mz3kcfs

By
    Corino & Lemcat
    revision and editing
    Staff GD
    Traduzione
    Komusai

Ciao ragazzi! Le “Interviste del GD” continuano a crescere e questa volta abbiamo il piacere e l’onore di intervistare il podio al completo dell’edizione 2015 del GBWC, categoria OPEN:

1°: Win Eiam-ong (Thailandia)

2°: NG Siu Way (Hong Kong)

3°: Jeff Ho (Malesia)

1-2-3_zpsgeye9d7n

Insieme ai due premi speciali degli sponsor:

Char's AURIS Ⅱ Award: NG Siu Way (Hong Kong)

Gundam Visa Card Award: Riccardo Forni (Italia)

VisaToy_zpst4prdwka

Quindi via, ascoltiamo quello che hanno da dire alla community del GD!

Win Eiam-ong, First place

1deg%20cons_zpsy8ryqdty

1deg%20IMG_zps1ioplece

Ciao Win!

Qualche domanda per conoscerci meglio e scoprire come hai raggiunto il primo posto al GBWC 2015.

Come è stata questa esperienza alla finale GBWC a Tokio?
    È stato davvero meraviglioso! Mi è piaciuto ogni singolo momento, la parte della vittoria è stato il "cacio sui maccheroni" (assolutamente fantastico, ne sono onorato e colpito).
    Ma quello che ho amato soprattutto è l'essere parte di questa comunità fantastica, imparare dagli altri, migliorare, incontrare nuovi amici, così come rincontrarne di vecchi.
    Ho legato con la maggior parte di queste persone per il resto della vita, persone fantastiche, assolutamente fantastiche.

th_1%20Domanda%20Foto%202_zpsoga1zwj1 th_1%20Domanda%20Foto%201_zps5trvtf7w th_1%20Domanda%20Foto%203_zpslcjmviqt

Quale è il tuo modello preferito tra gli altri partecipanti?
    Mi spiace, preferisco non dirlo…il problema è che è un mio buon amico, e se leggesse questo e mi sentisse dire che mi piace il suo lavoro, mi prenderebbe in giro non-stop e non voglio farlo “gonfiare” troppo :)

Puoi raccontare un episodio da ricordare in questa finale?

Non mi sarei mai aspettato di vincere. Normalmente faccio del mio meglio mi ci butto e spero per il meglio, così quando hanno annunciato i risultati per il 3° posto, e poi il 2°, ho pensato che non c'era modo che ricevesse nulla, poiché c’erano altri ottimi lavori che pensavo potessero vincere.
    Quando poi hanno citato il mio nome seguito da Thailandia, non l'ho registrato nella mia testa, così sono rimasto li seduto ad applaudire aspettando che il vincitore si alzasse... fino a che la vincitrice Junior della Thailandia dietro di me mi ha dato un cazzotto nelle costole dicendo ”Sei tu, scemo!” (lei è fantastica)

th_1deg%20procl_zps6t4w4hoq

Vorresti aggiungere qualcosa su questa edizione del GBWC 2015?

Montare Gunpa è una forma di arte che non ha un fine o un obiettivo finale...Tutto ciò che puoi fare è avere un idea, sperimentarla, sbagliare, imparare da essa, o riuscire e andare avanti verso un'altra idea e continuare a divertirti. I costruttori di Gunpla sono semplicemente artisti che scelgono i Gundam come loro tela.

Raccontaci chi sei e come sei entrato nel mondo della costruzione dei Gundam

Ho cominciato a fare modelli quando avevo 11 anni ma con Warhammer, e fin da allora ho costruito e dipinto modelli.
    Warhammer è un gioco di guerra da tavolo dove il giocatore crea il suo modello, e poi gioca usando regole, righello e dadi, combattendo l’un l’altro come fosse un esercito, come warcraft ma con i modellini.
    Il mio primo Gundam è stato un anno e mezzo fa con questo ragazzone:

th_5%20domanda%20Foto%201_zpspywwayc8

Ho guardato molto le serie Gundam e quando è uscito Gundam Build Fighters, dove un modellista può costruire un modello e poi lo mette su un tavolo dove prende vita e combatte contro gli altri.. ne sono stato preso.. dopo il primo, ne sono diventato “dipendente “ e non mi sono più guardato indietro :)

Andiamo più in profondità: che tipo di modifiche hai fatto per raggiungere questo risultato? Ci sono delle parti di cui sei particolarmente fiero?

Volevo solo raccontare la storia che volevo e comunicare, o collegarmi, attraverso il mio modello con persone che non si occupano di Gunpla.
    Personalmente credo che un diorama debba raccontare una storia.
    Così volevo raccontare la storia di noi modellisti che lavoriamo duramente e al lungo per perfezionare la nostra arte, ma anche qualcosa che possa essere visto e compreso anche dalle persone che non sanno nulla di Gundam. Così invece di di modellisti e modelli, è un falegname e una scultura di legno (stessa cosa con diverse capacità, ma in qualche modo collegate)
    Per come la vedo io il GBWC è un evento promozionale di Bandai e Sunrise, qundi questo diorama deve venire da uno degli universi Gundam: siccome io sono entrato nel mondo Gundam con GBF, volevo creare una storia in quell'universo.
    Ecco perché se guardi il diorama trovi molti riferimenti a quell'universo: il cappello di Mao sul tavolo, ii simbolo della scuola di Mao in legno, l'haro antizanzare... Anche il logo sulla placca del diorama e e sulla scultura in legno è infatti il nome di uno degli episodi (GBFTry:”Validi avversari").
    I Gundam stessi non sono Wing ed Epyon, ma un mix creato apposta con molti kits Gundam

th_6%20Domanda%20Foto%201_zpsr9r6q3xx th_6%20Domanda%20Foto%202_zpspb2pn3m1 th_6%20Domanda%20Foto%203_zpssghd73xs th_6%20Domanda%20Foto%204_zpsc6xziwvd

Hai già in testa il tuo prossimo lavoro?
    Si, sono stato abbastanza fortunato d’essere stato invitato in un gruppo di Builder internazionale chiamato “Clash of titans”.
    L’idea è che ci siano 20 modellisti da tutto il mondo con 20 differenti idee e stili ma con un solo modello (Graze 1/100).
    Sono molto onorato di essere in questo gruppo pieno di fantastici builders, spero solo di non fare troppe ca****te.. niente pressione :)

th_12362926_447123072151529_6924069589582362520_o_zps9iq03tdi th_12487184_456192011244635_5554140999274008681_o_zpsydf4i9gs

Grazie ancora per il tempo che ci hai concesso e goditi questa vittoria meritata!
    E non dimenticare, Italy Loves Gunpla! :)

th_1deg%20pres_zpsru3txu5n

2 replies since 13/1/2016, 15:45   211 views